Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
BI Reporting Manager Salary: Competitive (dependent upon experience) + benefits
Hodge is a specialist privately owned organisation providing lending, savings and retirement solutions in a manner which is fair, friendly and personal and which improves the lives of our customers, colleagues and communities through the work of the Hodge Foundation.
We are currently looking for a highly analytical and confident individual to manage a newly established Business Intelligence function.
As BI Reporting Manager, you will drive change and ongoing enhancement in reporting to provide the business with timely, accurate and user-friendly information that can inform practical actions. You will impact business decisions at all levels, in terms of business planning and execution, by processing, analysing and reporting on operational and financial business performance.
Reporting directly to the Chief Actuary, you will also act as project manager in our ongoing management information project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping to define business requirements and drive the development of enhanced management information across the business.
- Working closely with the business to understand key performance and risk drivers.
- Delivering concise, insightful findings and recommendations to drive prioritisation for business change to deliver efficiency and growth across the group.
- Undertaking ad-hoc analysis or 'deep-dives' into specified areas in order to provide senior management with a greater understanding of the business.
- Providing effective leadership, training and mentoring to the BI team to ensure they are clear on key objectives, the need to provide customer excellence and are enabled to deliver consistently to a high standard.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate strong communication skills (written and verbal) as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, including data manipulation and interpretation.
Candidates must have proven experience in analytics, data architecture and reporting tools. Experience in project management, leading cross-functional projects and influencing peers is also desirable.Apply Now
Business Development Executives x 3 Salary: £18,000 to £24,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Business Development team, contacting brokers and financial advisers to promote Hodge Lifetime products and services. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing advisers and accounts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with new and existing brokers/financial advisers via telephone, to establish, maintain and develop relationships.
- Helping to proactively promote the company’s profile, products and services in order to increase new business.
- Ensuring service levels are met by providing a professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times.
- Providing technical advice and support to financial advisers and colleagues relating to product queries.
Strong customer service/business development experience within a Financial Services environment is essential. Candidates should have a proactive, success-driven attitude and be looking to add genuine value to the organisation. Familiarity with mortgage or equity release products is highly desirable.
You will be encouraged to study towards relevant qualifications (e.g. CeMAP or equivalent).Apply Now
Sales Support Administrator Salary: From £16,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits
Assisting with the smooth and efficient running of the Business Development function by providing proactive administrative support, your day to day duties will include:
- Supporting telephone and field-based Business Development colleagues;
- Assisting in promoting the company’s profile, products and services to brokers/financial advisers, in order to meet overall sales objectives;
- Liaising by telephone and email with relevant third parties, ensuring service levels are met;
- Maintaining accurate adviser and firm records within the CRM system to support the business needs;
- Collating weekly and monthly management information in a timely and efficient manner;
- Updating sourcing systems, ensuring product data is accurate;
- Keeping the departmental workflow systems up to date, and providing general admin support to the team as agreed with Sales Manager and/or Business Development Director.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively. With proven administration experience, you will demonstrate strong organisational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Ideally, we are looking for either:
- Relevant administration experience within financial services; and/or
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM administration.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual and a fast learner, with the ability to become a subject matter expert and potential for the role to develop over time.Apply Now
Administration Assistant Starting Salary: £15,500 per annum + benefits
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including English and Maths), is essential. Previous general administration experience in a similar role within a busy office environment is desirable, but not essential.
This opportunity may suit a graduate who is interested in developing a career in financial services and progressing with experience.
This is a varied role, providing administrative support within a busy department. Your day to day duties will include:
- Undertaking administration of new business applications and existing plans in accordance with company procedures.
- Dealing with routine queries, liaising by telephone and email with customers (or their representatives), intermediaries, solicitors and valuers, as required.
- Making outbound calls to request/clarify information, keeping accurate file notes of calls received and producing quotations and other relevant documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Keeping the departmental systems up to date, scanning documents and recording the completion of each new piece of work promptly.
- Coordinating incoming and outbound mail, and maintaining filing systems on a daily basis.
This role requires strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate a confident and friendly approach, can remain patient and calm under pressure and who work well as part of a team.
To be successful, you will be computer literate and organised. You will have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure at times, producing high quality output. Close attention to detail is very important as are a flexible approach and the ability to make sound decisions.Apply Now
Building Surveyor Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience) + company car
Hodge Lifetime’s Property Team is responsible for the division’s property-related risk which includes underwriting lending applications, monitoring of the property portfolio, resolution of problem cases and managing property sales.
We are currently looking for a Building Surveyor with residential property experience and a proven understanding of the housing market, to join our team. The vacancy is primarily field-based covering a wide geographical area across the UK. A full and clean UK driving licence is therefore essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out various property condition surveys/inspections to identify any defects or maintenance requirements;
- Recording inspection findings, escalating any problems or issues identified to the Property Manager for consideration;
- Liaising by telephone, email and face-to-face with customers or their representatives (executors/estates of deceased clients, relatives etc.) and relevant third parties (valuers, estate agents etc.), ensuring service levels are met.
This is a technical role and requires the post holder to have excellent residential property/construction knowledge to be able to conduct inspections in a methodical and structured way, with an eye for detail. You will be expected to demonstrate a familiarity with relevant rules and standards, as well as the ability to apply basic inspection techniques to identify common potential defects and understand the related implications.
Ideally, we are looking for a competent inspector/building surveyor with existing knowledge of residential housing from a background in either:
- a similar property-related role within financial services;
- local authority/housing association;
- building consultants/surveying firms.
You will have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively. In addition, excellent communication and the ability to be tactful in sensitive situations are important skills for this role.
A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification in Building/Surveying is essential. The successful candidate will be encouraged to continue with their professional development. Financial support and study leave may be available.Apply Now